Everything you need to know about search engine evaluator jobs that will pay you $16 per hour. A search engine evaluator helps make search engine search results more relevant. This could be a good side hustle for people looking for additional sources of income.
This article will explain everything you need to know to prepare for a search engine evaluator job and list companies hiring search engine evaluators online.
Search Engine Evaluator Jobs Online
The list of best companies that are hiring a work-from-home web search evaluator online are:
1. Appen (Leapforce) Search Engine Evaluator
Appen is one of the best companies that is hiring a search engine evaluator but you will have to be fluent in at least 1 of 120+ supported languages or dialects and willing to commit at least 10 hours a week.
Requirements: Appen (Leapforce) Search Engine Evaluator
- Access to a computer and Internet
- Fluent in at least one of the supported languages
- Commitment of at least 10 hours a week
2. Google Search Engine Evaluator
The biggest search engine, Google hires a search engine evaluator that they call “Ad Quality Rater”. It is important to note that Google doesn’t hire a search engine evaluator directly. Instead, they use third-party companies like the ones listed in this article.
3. Lionbridge Search Engine Evaluator
This company is a global localization company that hires search engine evaluators they refer to as “Internet assessors”. Lionbridge also provides lots of other work-from-home jobs that you can apply for.
Lionbridge Internet Assessor Job
These are some of the tasks that an internet assessor hired by Lionbridge performs:
- Evaluation of search engine results pages (SERPs)
- Search consultants who specialize in social media and report on user perceptions of content quality
- Specialists in online mapping who evaluate and improve online mapping software
4. Workforce Logiq (ZeroChaos)
Workforce Logiq (Previously ZeroChaos) is a third-party company that hires search engine evaluators known as Ad Quality Raters directly for Google. People who are bilingual stand a better chance of being hired by Workforce Logiq (Previously ZeroChaos) for a search engine evaluator role.
Requirements: Workforce Logiq Search Engine Job
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Computer and Internet access
- Fluent in at least one language (Bilingual preferred)
5. iSoftStone Search Engine Evaluator
iSoftStone occasionally hires independent contractors (Freelancers) as search engine evaluators from within the US. Also, note that you will have to be a US Citizen (permanent residents are not accepted).
Most of the jobs iSoftStone offers for search engine evaluators are project-based, which sometimes lasts for up to 6 months. You’re also limited to 25 working hours a week and they usually pay around $13 an hour.
Requirements: iSoftStone Search Engine Evaluator
- US Citizen
- Computer and Internet access
- Pass the online test
6. Telus Search Engine Evaluator
Lionbridge sold its AI division responsible for hiring ad quality raters or Search engine evaluators to Telus International. You’ll most likely get hired if you know local history and are current with business news.
7. Welocalize Ads Quality Rater
Welocalize focuses on helping companies scale globally. They hire ad quality raters, search engine evaluators from the US and India only, and map quality raters from the US only.
How To Become A Search Engine Evaluator
To become a search engine evaluator you must have access to a computer and Internet, be fluent in at least one language, and be ready to take an online assessment test.
It’s also a plus to have content research and web analytics skills to become a search engine evaluator.
Search Engine Evaluator Job Requirement
- Have access to a computer
- High-speed internet / Wifi
- Be fluent in at least one language
- Pass an online assessment test
- Content research and web analytics skills are a plus
Internet Search Evaluator
An internet search evaluator is responsible for making search engine search results more relevant. You can apply for an Internet Search Evaluator Job on Appen, Lionbridge, iSoftStone, and Welocalize.